Don't wait until you are close to signing final papers to uncover basic factors that could kill the deal.
Before you even start the due diligence process, you should get the answers to these nine questions:
1. What is the down payment?
2. How much of the price will the seller finance?
3. Why is the business for sale?
4. Who are the customers?
5. How long will the owner stay to train me?
6. How much can I expect to make?
7. Why is this business special?
8. How can I grow the business?
9. What else do I need to know?
If you’re happy with the answers to these questions, complete a thorough due diligence and get ready for your next business adventure!